Harlan Grove

Myrna Larson wrote...
I agree WRT to the need for helper cells. There is too much room for

"double
counting" here, i.e. a week with 5 days, with 8, 8, 8, 8, and 10

hrs/day, puts
the total at 42 hours but I would assume only counts as 2 hours

overtime (not
2 hours for 8 hr/day PLUS 2 hours for 40 hr/wk). But the OP need to

clarify
what the priorities are in situations like this. And it won't work to

weasel
out of it by saying "that won't ever happen", because it definitely

will,
probably in the first month <g.

Actually, the 8 per day and 40 per week are fairly simple to handle
if there should be no double counting of overtime hours.

=MAX(0,SUM(DailyHoursWorked)-40-SUMIF(DailyHoursWorked,"8")
+8*COUNTIF(DailyHoursWorked,"8"))+SUMIF(DailyHour sWorked,"8")
-8*COUNTIF(DailyHoursWorked,"8")

The harder problem is 6 consecutive workdays. If an employee works 8
straight days, 7, 9, 7, 9, 7, 9, 7, and 9, what are the total overtime
hours? In other words, does the start of a new 7 day period reset the
overtime clock?