Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel 2007 Insert Check Boxes to an Entire Column

This adds checkboxes from the Forms toolbar to column A rows 2 to 30.

Option Explicit
Sub Testme()

Dim CBX As CheckBox
Dim myRange As Range
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim iRow As Long
Dim FirstRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim WhatCol As String

Set wks = ActiveSheet

FirstRow = 2
LastRow = 20
WhatCol = "A"

With wks

'remove any existing checkboxes
.CheckBoxes.Delete

For iRow = FirstRow To LastRow
With .Cells(iRow, WhatCol)
Set CBX = .Parent.CheckBoxes.Add _
(Top:=.Top, _
Left:=.Left, _
Height:=.Height, _
Width:=.Width)
CBX.LinkedCell = .Address(external:=True)
.NumberFormat = ";;;"
End With
With CBX
.Name = "CBX_" & .TopLeftCell.Address(0, 0)
.Caption = ""
End With
Next iRow
End With
End Sub

It also assigns the linke cell to the cell that holds that checkbox -- but by
using a number format of ";;;", it's hidden from the worksheet. You can see it
in the formulabar when you select the cell.

Marilyn wrote:

Hello,

I'm creating a form in Excel 2007 and I have to insert a column of check
boxes. Does anyone know if there's a way to insert check boxes to an entire
column without inserting each one manually?

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson