Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Steve is offline

Default Sorting blank cells with a formula in them

I haven't tried this - but try making the IF function equal to a date or
equal to a truly blank cell...like Z500...or whatever.

"EMW103" wrote:

Does a formula in a cell constitute a blank cell, or not? The formula is an
IF formula connected to a different worksheet resulting either in date or "",
so most of my cells are empty. When I try to sort this new sheet, all the
blank rows / cells come up first, which supposedly shouldn't happen, but I'm
assuming that's because Excel is reading the "" result as data or an entry.
Is there a way around this?