Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default counting cells within certain time frames - 24 hour clock

Times are stored by Excel as fractions of a 24-hour day, so 1 hour is
actually 1/24, 2 hours is 2/24 etc.

If you put 1 to 24 in (for example) E2:E25, then you can start with
this in F2:

=COUNTIF(C$2:C$1395,"<"&E2/24) - COUNTIF(C$2:C$1395,"<"&E1/24)

assuming E1 is blank. Then just copy this down to F25, where the
numbers in column E represent the hours that you are counting up to
(excluding them).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 5, 4:55*pm, lummox wrote:
I am looking to count the number of cells that meet criteria in a 24 hour
clock format.

The cell range is C2:C1395.
If a time falls between 00:00:00 and 00:59:59, I want to count it. This
would continue for the remaining 23 hours

I was able to get this to work at one point using COUNTIF, but now it is not
functioning and an error keeps appearing. Also, would it make a difference in
the formula if I was using Excel 03 versus 07?

Thanks for any help.