Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Thomas Dziuk Thomas Dziuk is offline

Default Building a table from a list on another worksheet

I am trying to build a visual reference table to represent a list of services
available at different sites. I can grab from our database a list with three
fields that include a Unique Number, Service Name, and Site. What I am trying
to do is make sure that all the combinations we need in the system. So I am
trying to build a table that will show for each Service/Location combination
we are expecting that there is an entry in the system for it.

What I need to do Is make this:
Service Site
Name NE E SE
Eating 1 4
Swimming 2 3

From This:
1 Eating NE
2 Swimming NE
3 Swimming E
4 Eating SE

I have played around with different functions but I can't get the correct
number to show up in the table from the list instead for example it will show
rule number 1 in the table for Eating at SE because that is where Eating
first shows up.