Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default vlookup to txt file or database

Best way, with least work in the long run for you, is to probably use Excel's
Import Data features to create a 'query' into the Access database directly.

Start by using Excel's Help and enter
About exchanging data between Excel and Access
as the search subject. There's actually a topic of that title (Excel 2003).
Look at the section on "Bring refreshable Access data into Excel" for more
guidance and examples.

Hope this helps get you started -- you can always ask more questions as you
dig in to your solution.

"Lisa" wrote:

Is there a way to process a vlookup to a text file or access database.

I have very large access files that if needed i can convert to text files.
I need to pull a couple of columns to an excel file based on one column
possibly via a vlookup. This excel file data is constantly changing and i
need to pull data from a database.

What would be the best way get the data when needed into the excel file?
--
lmo

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.