Biff

Hi RD

It appears that this formula will work on an entire row but not an entire
column.

I put a number in IV1 and used:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(1:1)),1:1)

Which worked.

I put a number in A65536 and used:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A:A)),A:A)

This did not work and returned 0.

If I change the ref in ISBLANK to A1:A65535 or A2:A65536 it then worked.

Biff

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Leave it to Harlan to trump all the old standards.<g

And since ISBLANK accepts total references,

=LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(1:1)),1:1)
should work OK, right?

RD

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
One way courtesy of Harlan Grove

=LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A1:A1000)),A1:A1000)

if you are looking horizontal just change to

=LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A1:Z1)),1:1)

Peo Sjoblom

"BGarcia" wrote in message

in
given range of row even when some cells are left blank?