Pedro Fonseca

Default Getting the last value of an incrementing sheet

Greetings.

I have some separate worksheets setup for my personal finances (one
for each bank account). I have the typical date, description, type of
operation (debit, credit) and the amount of the operation. On the last
column of the row I then update the amount of money of the previous
row (it's in this column that I have the formula that will know what
type of operation it is and subtracts or adds to the amount of money
that is the previous row). Pretty basic stuff I guess... It's kind of
a diary, where I will keep adding rows to the bottom (more recent
dates at the bottom).

What I'd like was to have a static page with the most current values
of each worksheet - just to have an easy way to keep all my account
balances at a glance. I'd have to find a way, from this static page,
to go fetch the last value at the bottom of every worksheet. But alas,
this would have to be dynamic: everyday I keep adding rows to every
worksheet...

Can anyone point me in any direction in order to do this? If any
programming needs to be done, there's no problem (I'm a C++, Java and
PHP programmer that doesn't know anything about MS Office), but I'd
really like it to be generic (i.e. work in *every* MS Office 2003, and
not just my computer because it needs a control that I have to install
just to make it work)...

Thanks.