Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bagia Bagia is offline

Default Data in cells disappear temporarily

Sorry for not being clear. The table style is applied to the cell range.
That is correct, the issue occurs when I do a cut/paste. I either have to
double-click the entire worksheet or highlight the cells to have the data
visible again. If I don't do a cut and paste, then the data remains visible
until I close the file. I tried to replicate the problem on a new workbook,
but haven't been successful. I've managed to copy data range and paste it on
to a new workbook. Problem resolved. Thanks for your help.

"June7" wrote:

Still trying to puzzle this one out. What do you mean 'contains a large
formatted table'? Are these just worksheet cells with formatting? What format
settings? Double-clicking restores the display until next cut/paste,
otherwise remain visible through close and reopen? Might want to experiment
with same settings in another workbook, see if you can replicate the
condition.

"Bagia" wrote:

No, if I do another cut and paste copied cells, other cell contents will
disappear temporarily.

"June7" wrote:

Does the double-click restore visibility permanently?

"Bagia" wrote:

Hello,
I'm viewing an .xls file in MS excel 2007 that contains a large formatted
table. When I insert a new copied row, my data in other cells disappear. To
view them, I would have to highlight the cell range or double-click on the
whole worksheet. I wanted to move a row to a different area of the table, so
I did the following:

1) Insert a new row.
2) Select the row I want to move and right click, and then choose cut.
3) Go to the row that I inserted in step 1 and right-click, and then choose
insert copied cells.

Some of my data in other row cells disappear (invisible). To reveal them,
I would have to either highlight them or double-click on the entire worksheet.

Any ideas why this is happening?