Joseph Geretz

Default Seeking help for total worksheet protection

The code below cycles through every worksheet and protects it. It then sets
the active worksheet back to the first worksheet.

For Each WkSht In m_DocExcel.Worksheets
WkSht.Protect "mypassword", True, True, True, True
WkSht.Activate
m_AppExcel.ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
m_AppExcel.ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False
Next WkSht
m_DocExcel.Worksheets(1).Activate

Is it possible to set protection on the entire workbook in one atomic
operation, or do I need to set the protection for each sheet separately, as
I am doing? And is there a more efficient way of setting the appearance
style for every worksheet or must I cycle through them individually as I am
doing? (I guess I could implement events and only set these properties if
the user actually activates a particular sheet?)

Anyway, here's my main question: With this approach I am able to lock the
contents of all cells, but this does not lock embedded VBA widgets, e.g.
Checkboxes, Command Buttons, etc. How can I lock these objects as well?

Thanks for your help!

- Joe Geretz -