Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MyVeryOwnSelf[_2_] MyVeryOwnSelf[_2_] is offline

Default Automatically filling additional cells with formula

Hi, I am using excel 2003

I have created a database for personal records to be used by others.
All the necessary formula is in place.

I want the user to be able to insert anew record by adding an
additional row in the approppriate alphabetical position.
Unfortuneately the new rows do not pick up the formula from the cells
above or below. I have tried using a macro but when playing it
duplicates my actions exactly which means it just adds the same row
again and again.

Is there any way to automate the inclusion of formula in additional
cells without performing drag and drop manually (which I want to avoid
the user doing)?

Check out "About lists" and "Create a list" in Excel's built-in Help. When
I use "Lists," formulas do get extended to a new row when inserting or
appending a row.

Lists didn't always behave the way I would've liked, but they may work for
your application.