Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default unions, intersections or array constants

Quibble

This post has turned into a can-o-worms!

We (I) need to know if these are user entered or formula generated.

Alternatives:

If the cell contains a number from 1 to 12 one or the other formats is
applied.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
"T. Valko" wrote...
Use the Formula Is option and use these formulas:

For Blue:

=AND($AK$2<"",SEARCH($AK$2,"JANMARMAYJULSEPNOV" ))

For Green:

=AND($AK$2<"",SEARCH($AK$2,"FEBAPRJUNAUGOCTDEC" ))

Quibble: these could return false positives for invalid entries in
cell AK2, e.g., if AK2 evaluated to "ARM", it'd be formatted blue.

Alternatives:

blue: =MOD(MONTH($AK$2&"-1"),2)=1

green: =MOD(MONTH($AK$1&"-1"),2)=0