Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Simon Lloyd[_209_] Simon Lloyd[_209_] is offline

Default Conditional format or what else

For finding out what is attached to what in a formula use TOOLS form
your menubar then FORMULA AUDITING, then you can use trace dependants
etc. and a whole host of things to get your formulae right!

willemeulen;332243 Wrote:
I have the following chalange.

I have created a sheet thus far working perfectly and now I want to put
finishing touch. Column A(type Code) and H(shape code) return a certain
formula from an index page. In turn the formula will use user defined
values
(lengts for sections of the shape), depending on the shape code formula
uses
between between 1 and 5 values to calculate the total length of the
item.

Is there a method (conditional formating or other) to highlight/mark or
other techniques to let cells stand out which are used in the formula.
This
would make it easy to spot any shortfalls when information is left out.
An
alternative route could be shape code, the shape code already tells me
how
many values are needed to calculate total length.

Thanks,

Willem

--
Simon Lloyd