Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Loadmaster Loadmaster is offline

Default unions, intersections or array constants

Thank-you T.Valko you have never let me down on a formula, My only problem is
that excel 2003 only allows you to put three conditions. Here should be an
easy one for you. I am looking to combine a formula that if < 30 or 300 to
turn red. Presently I have them as two conditional formats in cell A5?

"T. Valko" wrote:

Use the Formula Is option and use these formulas:

For Blue:

=AND($AK$2<"",SEARCH($AK$2,"JANMARMAYJULSEPNOV"))

For Green:

=AND($AK$2<"",SEARCH($AK$2,"FEBAPRJUNAUGOCTDEC"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Loadmaster" wrote in message
I am trying to make a conditional formatting formula in cell A3 that goes
something like this =$AK$2=JAN, MAR, MAY, JUL, SEP, NOV to format Blue and
=$AK$2=FEB, APR, JUN, AUG, OCT, DEC to format Green. It keeps coming up
with
"You may not use unions, intersections or array constants for conditional
formatting criteria. Cell A3 and cell AK2 both have array fomulas. Is
there a
solution to make this work?