Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Time Calculation

Your formula should work, so it's either your data, or the macro you are
running.

What "program" says "the dates are not compatible". It's not Excel, as Excel
will happily subtract times, even with dates as part of them.

What's in A9 and A10?

Regards,
Fred.

"Mel" wrote in message
I am trying to keep race times in excell. Anyway, the question is how to
calculate race results. When I do a simple formula for subtraction,
"=A10-A9" kind of thing, the program says that the dates are not
compatible.
I think the program believes my race time (in minutes) are actually dates,
so
it has trouble calculating. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!