Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Time schedule

Just to add to Harald's note...

If you're tracking times, you may find that it's safer to include the date and
time in your entry. Then you can subtract the earlier time/date from the later
time/date and not have to worry about how many hours or days passed.

Harald Staff wrote:

Do what Dave says. But also, I suspect the problem may be that the man ends
work (at 02:36) hours before he arrives (21:48). Standard solution for
calculating working hours is
=B6-B5+(B6<B5)

Best wishes Harald

"Zsolt Szabó" wrote in message
Hello Everybody!

My problem is this: Column B / Format Cells / Custom / hh:mm
B5=17:00 B5 17:00
B6=21:48 B6 21:48
B7=($B$6-$B$5)+B6 B7 02:36
B8=($B$6-$B$5)+B7 B8 07:24
B9=($B$6-$B$5)+B8 B9 12:12

BUT as soon as I type in into B5 21:48 and B6 02:36 in B7 and the rest of
the cells below shows this ####### as a result. I know this is not a
challenging question for you guys but please help me with this.

--
Many thanks for your help in advance. Have a wonderful day!
Zsolt

--

Dave Peterson