Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ken Wright Ken Wright is offline

Default Formula error

If you need it to truly be 0, use the ROUND() function on your formula, eg

=ROUND(C8-C14,2) rounds to 2 decimal places
=ROUND(C8-C14,3) rounds to 3 decimal places
=ROUND(C8-C14,4) rounds to 4 decimal places

Regards
Ken....................

"Ken Wright" wrote in message
Probably nothing.

See here for the probable cause:

http://cpearson.com/excel/rounding.htm

Ignore the fact that the page says Excel 97, as you aill also see in the
small print it actually applies to all versions of Excel.

If you simply format to acctg or some numerical format and a few decimal
places of precision, it will appear as 0.

Regards

"Dee" wrote in message
I have a simple calculation C8-C14 that I use to figure my budget
difference. It works in all the monthly columns I have set up except for
one. I get a result of

-1.42109E-13

What could I have done wrong?????