Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default How do I reduce the amount of columns in a sheet?

Pete

The problem with just hiding the columns, is that it doesn't prevent you
scrolling through the hidden columns, and scrolling seemed to be the problem
the OP was complaining about.

An alternative would be to restrict the scroll area of the sheet. This would
require some VBA code to set the scroll area each time the workbook was
opened.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1:Z100"
End Sub

Copy the Code above
Alt+F11 to invoke the VB Editor
Double Click ThisWorkbook in the Project Explorer pane
Paste code into white pane that appears
Alt+F11 to return to Excel

The code will be triggered automatically as the workbook is opened and will
limit you to an area of the sheet from A1 to Z100.
Amend range to suit.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
You can't remove the columns (many people asked for more columns than
the 256 limit in earlier versions !!), but what you can do is hide the
columns that you don't need (or set them to zero width).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 2, 1:40 am, D_N_A wrote:
Hi,
I use Excel 2007 Home and Student.
It has a lot of columns (max. number: XFD. you do the math). that means
the
horizontal scroll bar is very not sensitive, and not helpful for using
only 3
charts. Can I make the sheet offer me less columns?
Thanks a lot,
D_N_A