Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Felicia Felicia is offline

Default How do I set up a formula to add column a if column b = cell c

Thanks, Ashish:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this. Was having problem getting
back to this site for some reason.

So, tried out the command you suggested and see how that works, Thanks !

Felicia

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=sumproduct((C1:C5=A8)*(D1:D5=B8),A1:A5) A8 and B8 hold service1 and
managerA

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Felicia" wrote in message
Hi, I see your response to Michelle and I'm trying to do something very
similar. Except I need to a combination of criteria.

I got the SUMIF(B:B,C1,A:A) part myself already. But, I need to check
another column. So, basically do the SUM (subtotal) by Col B and Col C.

Say the table looks like this:

a b c d
1 .2 service1 managerA .3
2 .5 service2 managerB .5
3 .1 service2 managerA 0
4. .5 service2 managerB 0.1
5. .3 service1 managerA 0.1

And I need the SUM for
Service 1 managerA
Service2 managerA
Service 1 managerB
Service2 managerB

I can not do simple sort & subtotal as this is part of a bigger
spreadsheet;
and there are other calculations.

THANKS !

"Max" wrote: