Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.powerpoint
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default resizing copied chart makes text unreadable

In addition to Steve's wise suggestion, why not unhook the charts from the
tyranny of columns and borders. Format the Chart Area, and on the Properties
tab, choose Move but don't size with cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
On 30 apr, 04:58, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
The other suggestion I'd make is if you will have to resize the chart, at
least keep the aspect ratio constant. This way, the text boxes only have
resize uniformly and there will not be the problems of text boxes being
squashed or text having to wrap.

So if the chart needs to be widened in PowerPoint, make it narrower but
also
not as tall in Excel.

Jon,

Your suggestion is of course completely correct.
But I cannot expect of my user that he will understand what an aspect
ratio is.
He just wants to copy the charts and drag them to the right size, just
like he did until a couple of months ago.
You know, users...

Also there is more than one chart in Excel. It's not possible to
resize columns AND rows because one aspect ratio for one chart is the
wrong aspect ratio for the chart right next to it. Perhaps a bit
difficult to explain.

--
Amedee