Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CRW CRW is offline

Default Space-bar -- "recurring" instead of <space

I am using recently upgraded Excel 2007 (from 2003 version), and entering
names into a list. A quick review of the column containing names showed a
typo error.

I tried entering the corrected spelling with the intent of copy/pasting all
the other entries of that name when I found that typing the first part of
the name and hitting the space-bar to type the second word of the name
resulted in "recurring" being returned.

I cannot seem to shake it off! Everytime I try to update the cell and hit
space-bar, this happens, the text and space is replaced by "recurring".

Did I inadvertently hit a key combination that triggers this space-bar
behavior, or have I stumbled upon a new feature in how 2007 deals with lists?

I have never seen this happen before in any other excel release, and I have
worked with more lists than I've had hot dinners!

I have had no luck searching out the answer/solution, and I've been all
over. I'm not even sure how to categorize this situation.

Please somebody explain what is going on, and how to remedy this situation.
Thank you for your time & attention