Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
scott scott is offline

Default Sort/Reference formula help needed.

S7

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

What row will the first formula be placed in? This is necessary to know to
make the array sequence properly.
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Scott" wrote:

Thank you for your reply, however, I'm still experiencing "Formula contains
error" error messages.

What I want to do is to sort and display names in separate columns based
upon a ranking format of A,B,C,D. I want all of the A's in one column, all
of the B's in another, all of the C's in a third, and all of the D's in the
fourth.

Currently, in my data sheet, the A-D ranking is in columns L7:L150, with the
names in columns M7:M150.

Anymore insight on how to accomplish this? Thanks for everyone's help.

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

These are array formulas, you must enter them and press CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to
confirm them. Curly braces { } will appear around your formula and the first
value will appear. If you forget and press a normal ENTER, you will get an
ERROR, press F2, then CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to correct.

For "A":
=INDEX($B$1:$B$5,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$5="A",ROW($A$1:$ A$5),""),ROW()))

...copy that cell down after the first value appears properly.

For "B" and "C" change the letter in the formula.
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB