Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Dunfee Joe Dunfee is offline

Default Create a list of files with their thumbnail images?

I want to create a spreadsheet that shows a list of files, and their
thumbnail images in a column of cells. I am using Excel 2007

These files are drawings of parts we want vendors to give us quotes on, and
so I wnat the spreadsheet to keep track of the quotes, and the vendor we
chose. While the file name (which has the part number in it) is workable, it
would also be great to see the thumbnail image, to make it quicker to
remember what a particular part looks like.

I know I can go to a DOS window and at the command prompt do a DIR command
and pipeline "|" the directory into a text file. But, isn't there an easier
way to do this and get the results into Excel?

I have no clue about how to get the files thumbnail image into Excel.

Any ideas?