Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Formula Format problem - I think

Hi Whitney,

You could use:
=SUMPRODUCT('Assignments Formulas'!B$5:B$251=B4,'Assignments Formulas'!R$5:R$251/'Assignments Formulas'!Q$5:Q$251)/2
But do note there's still a risk of errors if any of the contents of Q$5:Q$251 is 0 or text.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Whitney Serio" wrote in message ...
I am using the following format to query another sheet and return data.

=(SUMIF('Assignments Formulas'!B$5:B$251,B4,'Assignments
Formulas'!R$5:R$251))/2

It works great for part of my needs, but not for all. In the next column I
need to do essentially the same thing plus divide R$5:R$251 by Q$5:Q$251 but
everything I have tried comes back as an error.

I'd really appreciate some help with the syntax since I am pretty sure it
can all be done, but I just don't know what I am doing!

If not- I realize I can add additonal columns and then hide them to simplify
the formula. : (

I'm starting an excel class tonight... but this needs to be done today