Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JBeaucaire[_90_] JBeaucaire[_90_] is offline

Default Sort/Reference formula help needed.

These are array formulas, you must enter them and press CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to
confirm them. Curly braces { } will appear around your formula and the first
value will appear. If you forget and press a normal ENTER, you will get an
ERROR, press F2, then CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to correct.

For "A":
=INDEX($B$1:$B$5,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$5="A",ROW($A$1:$ A$5),""),ROW()))

....copy that cell down after the first value appears properly.

For "B" and "C" change the letter in the formula.
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Scott" wrote:

Currently I have a data sheet that looks like this:

_____A_____B_____
1 A Data 1
2 B Data 2
3 A Data 3
4 C Data 4
5 B Data 5

I want to create a column that will sort and display and list all of the
"A's" in Column A, all of the "B's" in another column, all of the "C's" in
another column, and so on.

Basically I want it to read like this:
A B C
Data 1 Data 2 Data 4