Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gafern gafern is offline

Default COUNTIF or SUMPRODUCT

I'm seeking help with this scenario...

We create 17 daily files with 10 columns of data. The number of lines or
records in the file varies from day to day, ranging up to perhaps 3,500 per
day. Each file will have a unique file name. One of the column names is
"Event" for there are 6 different events that will appear multiple times:
Event1, Event2, Event3, Event4, Event5 and Event6. Another column is
"Timely" for which there is either Yes or No. There could be 100 Event1,
with 75 Yes and 25 No under Timely, 200 Event2 with 180 Yes and 20 No under
Timely and so on.

I am trying to develop a macro which would include the approproate worksheet
functions whereby I can add a summary sheet to each file showing Event1 had a
quantity of 100, 75 Yes, 25 No for 75% Timely, the same for Event2 and so on.

I know nothing about VB except how to spell it, so writing code is not a
viable option for me.

I am grateful for any advice.