Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacqueline Jacqueline is offline

Default How to convert time expressed as a decimal to actual hours or

Hi Richard,
I know this was posted a long time ago, but I have a simular problem only
with hours and minutes.

I need to convert numbers like 33.33 to an hour:minute signature. Can you
help me with this?
Thanks much
Jacqueline

"Richard Schollar" wrote:

Hi

Is 5.15 equivalent to 5 minutes and 15 seconds? If so, you could use the
following to convert to Excel time (remember to format the formula cell in a
time format):

=(A1+MOD(A1,1)*40/60)/1440

1440 being the number of minutes in a day.

Richard

"ascottbag-hcm" wrote in message
I am receiving a report from a vendor that lists call time minutes of usage
in decimal form, i.e. 5.15. When I try to convert this figure into actual
time format using the formula, =TEXT(G36/24,"H:MM:SS"), my return is
5:09:00.
It appears this formula is returning the amount of time after midnite and
not
what I am looking for, which is the time expressed in actual hours and or
minutes used.