Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clem Clem is offline

Default VLOOKUP PROBLEM

Thanks for the info, I got it to work!!!

"CLEM" wrote:

I am using VLOOKUP function and even though the look up value is in the table
it is returning a #N/A. I am using FALSE so I am looking for an exact match.
The vlookup IS WORKING when the look up value is mixed characters (ie:
C3089, U5320,etc) but is returning #N/A WHEN the look up value is all numeric
(ie: 30900,35679, etc.)
The formula in the top cell is:
=VLOOKUP(K2,Codes!$A$2:$B$340,2,FALSE)
where K2 is a value to be looked up in the table(which is on another
worksheet in workbook named "Codes" and the left most column contains the
possible choices for the look-up value to match,