Gord Dibben

Colin

Copy/paste this Function to a module in your workbook.

Function DocProps(prop As String)
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

Usage in a cell is: =DOCPROPS("last save time")

Format the cell as Date.

You can also use "last author" or "creation date"

If not familiar with macros and VBA, visit David McRitchie's website on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the above code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 09 May 2005 15:52:05 GMT, "Colin Macleod"
wrote:

I want one of the cells on my worksheet to show the date the file was last
saved on - and to update automatically.
What's the best way to do this?
Thanks

Colin