Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default data turned in date format when copied

The destination cell is formatted as a date? (try choosing the entire column
[or row] and formatting it as General or Number)

Excel 2007 is once again trying to be too helpful?

What does your original cell's contents look like; i.e., what are some
sample numbers you've had this result with?

"C02C04" wrote:

I am using excel 2007 and encountered an interesting situation. I copied a
numeric data and paste into another cell within the same worksheet. It
appeared in date format (dd/mm/yyyy). I have to re-format the cell for it to
correctly reflect the right number. The original cell is in numeric format.

Any idea why this is so? Any resolution?