Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bull Bull is offline

Default Advanced Filter - Named Ranges

Hi,

I have one sheet named SHIPPING (2), with cell K1's value as: STA-ID.
I the rest of column K (i.e. K2:K999) has numbers (station ID's) that
correspond to a station. (i.e. 239330,239114,239554,289111)

I have another sheet named QUERY PARAMTER that 4 (G:J) columns of the
STA-ID's. The first cell (i.e. G1, or H2, etc) in each column is
title (STA-ID) and the underneath cells in that column list the
station ID's. (i.e. 239330, 239260)

Each station ID belongs to a center; there are four center. Column
G1:G99 I have defined and named SHIPSEA (the name of one of the
centers).

I am trying to use the advanced filter option to filter only the STA-
ID's in the SHIPPING (2) sheet that belongs to the center SHIPSEA
(named range).

I have tried using a command button on the SHIPPING (2) sheet, with
the macro:
Range("A1:K99").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace,
CriteriaRange:= _
Range("SHIPSEA"), Unique:=False

This does not filter only the STA-ID's that belong to SHIPSEA.
Nothing happens.

Is there a way to get this working and also, is there a way to use a
cell with dropdown list (via validation) that lists the centers (i.e.
SHIPSEA, etc.), and after SHIPSEA is selected from the cell with a
dropdown (like a After Update action) it filters the data to show only
those STA-ID's that belong to SHIPSEA?

Please help, Thanks
Bull