Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beth Beth is offline

Default Nested formula Value error

Perfect! You're both Geniuses! Thx a ton!

"Beth" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with sales leads assigned to each salesperson. Several
years ago I created a summary including a formula to count how many leads
each salesperson gets per month:
=SUM(IF($A$3:$A$2870="Jan",IF($L$3:$L$2870="Joe",1 ,0),0)). A is the date
column, L is the salesperson column.

I added a new salesperson and can't get the formula to work! If I copy,
paste and change the "Joe" to "Luke" I get #VALUE!. If I type the formula
with the new name I get the same #VALUE!. If I type the formula & highlight
the areas, same deal. I tried the function wizard but it isn't producing the
formula.

Help! Is there a way to copy or re-write this formula for the new guy and
make it work? Beth