Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.powerpoint
Amedee Van Gasse Amedee Van Gasse is offline

Default resizing copied chart makes text unreadable

On 28 apr, 15:55, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
I haven't noticed this problem in any SP of Excel 2003, but I will tell you
that it gets worse in Excel 2007. Opening a ticket will not provide any
relief even if SP2 is still supported.

One way to improve results is to resize the charts in Excel to the size you
need in PowerPoint, before you copy them in the first place. This minimizes
the distortion created by resizing and reshaping the charts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programminghttp://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
_______

Thank you for your reply, Jon.
I appreciate that someone like you takes the time to answer my
question.

I already gave my user exactly that advice.
But then another problem exists. I didn't mention that yet because I
know it is bad practice to ask more than one question in the same, but
since you bring it up, I will explain anyway.

The chart is on 11 columns. When I make the columns up to 13.5 wide
(total width of 148,5), then your suggestion would seem to work.
However the chart still needs a bit of resizing after the user has
copied it. Not much, as compared to the original, but still enough
distortion to make the result less than optimal.
When I make the total width of the 11 columns over 150, then the chart
is cut off at the right side when pasting in Powerpoint.
Tested in Office 2003 sp2 and sp3.

I don't have a copy of Office 2007 here at work. CIO gave instructions
that we're gonna skip 2007.
But I have an "illegal" installation of OpenOffice 3.0, will try with
that. :-)

--
Amedee