Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.powerpoint
Amedee Van Gasse Amedee Van Gasse is offline

Default resizing copied chart makes text unreadable

On 28 apr, 15:55, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
I haven't noticed this problem in any SP of Excel 2003, but I will tell you
that it gets worse in Excel 2007. Opening a ticket will not provide any
relief even if SP2 is still supported.

One way to improve results is to resize the charts in Excel to the size you
need in PowerPoint, before you copy them in the first place. This minimizes
the distortion created by resizing and reshaping the charts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programminghttp://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
_______

Jon,

Looks like my message didn't get trough.

I already suggested that workaround to my user, but then he complained
about another problem.
The chart is in 11 columns. Make them 13.5 wide (total 148.5) - no
problem
Make them wider (total width 150) and the chart is cut off at the
right.

It isn't a complete solution either, because the dimensions of the
chart are _almost_ good. If the chart still needs a bit of resizing,
then there is still distortion. Much less than original, but still.
Depending on the chart, it may still be a problem.

--
Amedee