Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PJFry PJFry is offline

Default Find 3 largest numbers in a column that are at least 26 cells

=LARGE(array,1) will give you the largest number, =LARGE(array,2) the second,
etc.

I am a wee bit curious about the the second requirement. What is the logic
for the need for a =26 row seperation between the values?

It sounds like you want to bring back the largest value in an array. Then
you want to bring back the second largest value in the same array so long as
it does not fall with +/- 26 rows of the largest number. Does that sound
right?

PJ

"StillLearning" wrote:

Thanks for writing. One column and 130 rows with numbers in them. So yes
130 numbers in a single column.

"PJFry" wrote:

Do you have 130 numbers in a single column or do you have 130 columns each
containing a single number?

PJ

"StillLearning" wrote:

I have a column with over 130 numbers in it. I want to find the 3 highest
numbers. However these numbers must be seperated by at least 26 cells (they
can't be next to each other). Is there a way to do this using LARGE or some
other function?