Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto format blank rows using code

Try this small macro:

Sub ColorEmpties()
Dim i As Long, j As Long
i = Rows.Count
For j = 1 To i
If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(j)) = 0 Then
Rows(j).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End If
Next

Gary''s Student - gsnu200850

"Marie Bayes" wrote:

Hi
I need to have a spreadsheet searched and where there are complete blank
rows I need to colour that row. I can't do this using conditional formatting
as there will be data constantly copied into the spreadsheet overwriting any
conditional formatting input, therefore it needs to be done using VB code. I
already have some code in the workbook (see below) and would like to add to
it with the above. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Private Sub workbook_open()
Sheets("Sheet2").Activate

Set f = Columns("A").Find(what:="Date")
Set TestRange = Range(f.Address).Offset(-2, 0).Resize(2, 1)

If WorksheetFunction.CountA(TestRange.Value) = 0 Then
TestRange.EntireRow.Delete
End If

With Cells
.HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral