Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas[_3_] Bob Umlas[_3_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 countifs function problem

your ranges aren't ALL the same size. For example, the # of rows in Pre_DS
is likely not the same as the # of rows in Tx_Type.

"rcindyj01" wrote in message
I'm working with a large database and trying to write a countifs function.
Each part of the function works independently and some of them work
together,
but when I try to add them all together, I get a #value error. I've given
each column in my database a range name to make copying functions easier.

This function works and gives a correct answer:
=COUNTIFS(Pre_DS,"0.99",Pre_DS,"<2")

This function works and gives a correct answer:
=COUNTIFS(Tx_Type,"cha",Pre_Cyl,"<-1.99",POM_3_UCVA,20)

This function gives me a #value error
=COUNTIFS(Tx_Type,"cha",Pre_Cyl,"<-1.99",POM_3_UCVA,20,Pre_DS,"0.99",Pre_DS,"<2")