Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Error using DataObject to get clipboard data

I've found the solution but iut puzzles me. Maybe somebody can explain it
better.

I found by adding a userform (Insert Userform) to the VBA project creates a
refernce (tools _ References) to the Microsoft forms 2.0 object library.
Once the object library is listed as a reference the Dataobject doesn't
create an error.

The thing that puzzle me is i can't just go and add the Userform refernce.
it is not in the libraries.

"stocktsi" wrote:

I'm using VBA to try to get the data on the clipboard in Excel. I've found
suggestion that are variations on the following:

Dim MyData As DataObject
Set MyData = New DataObject
Dim sClipText As String
On Error GoTo NotText
MyData.GetFromClipboard
sClipText = MyData.GetText(1)

When this sub gets called in my Excel macro, I get "User Defined Type not
defined" on the first line.

Also, once this is resolved, is there a way to determine if the data on the
clipboard can be pasted into Excel (sometimes you do something in Excel that
seems to clear out the clipboard).

Any suggestions?
Thanks.