Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default How do I set up a formula to add column a if column b = cell c

Hi,

Try this

=sumproduct((C1:C5=A8)*(D1:D5=B8),A1:A5) A8 and B8 hold service1 and
managerA

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Felicia" wrote in message
Hi, I see your response to Michelle and I'm trying to do something very
similar. Except I need to a combination of criteria.

I got the SUMIF(B:B,C1,A:A) part myself already. But, I need to check
another column. So, basically do the SUM (subtotal) by Col B and Col C.

Say the table looks like this:

a b c d
1 .2 service1 managerA .3
2 .5 service2 managerB .5
3 .1 service2 managerA 0
4. .5 service2 managerB 0.1
5. .3 service1 managerA 0.1

And I need the SUM for
Service 1 managerA
Service2 managerA
Service 1 managerB
Service2 managerB

I can not do simple sort & subtotal as this is part of a bigger
spreadsheet;
and there are other calculations.

THANKS !

"Max" wrote: