Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how do I change default font type/size in excel?

The default workbook for Right-clickNewMicrosoft Office Excel Worksheet is
found in C:\Windows\ShellNew folder.

Named EXCEL12.XLSX

Replace this file by opening Excel first and creating a new workbook with
the desired formatting.

Save as to the name and path as above.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:53:01 -0700, JSF
wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion, Susan.

I am aware of that option and I've tried it before, only to find out that it
doesn't do the trick. This option ONLY affects new worksheets created from
WITHIN another worksheet, by selecting Office Button New. The option does
NOT affect new worksheets created from the "new" template.
Needless to say that setting is useless. Having to open a worksheet in
order to CREATE A NEW worksheet is absolutely counterintuitive.

As I said before, I create new worksheets from the "new" templates by
righ-clicking and selecting new excel spreadsheet (logical). Unfortunately,
the template always starts in Calibri (Body) 11 font, regardless of the
setting in the options.