Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sapper Sapper is offline

Default projecting dates

Hi Jacob

once I'd looked up the site that you'd recommended, the formula looked
straight forward and logical. Unfortunately, it only reduced the original
date by one day.
When I dragged the formula to B2, I got a strange date which I have been
unable justify

Sapper

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try using the below formula in B1

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+70,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)-1)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Sapper" wrote:

Hi, I use EXCEL 2003. I have a list a dates in col A. I want to determine
dates in the future equal to1 day less than the seventyth anniversary of
those dates. I have seen a formula which is entered on three lines to return
an answer on a fourth. Problem is the formula is specific to one date.

Is there any formula that I can put in B1, that can be dragged down col B so
that it will calculate on the corresponding row in col b?

Also I have asked many questions in the past few days, all of which have
been answered helpfully. Is there a book out there which covers functions and
syntax in depth?

Thank you