Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Lori Miller Lori Miller is offline

Default Graph with stepped increases or decreases

Create an ordinary line (or area) chart and in Chart Options make sure to
set the category axis to time / date scale. Now select your data series and
change your series formula so that the values are duplicated but offset one
row.
eg:
=SERIES(,Sheet1!A2:A10,Sheet1!A2:A10,1)
to:
=SERIES(,(Sheet1!A3:A10,Sheet1!A2:A10),(Sheet1!B2: B9,Sheet1!B2:B10),1)

"skiwidad" wrote in message
I would like a graph which reflects the true position of inventory/goods on
hand. Currently we have a line graph with quantity on the x-axis and dates
on
the y-axis. The problem is that the if you have 30 units on the 1st May
and
then 50 units come into store on the 15th May the line joining the two
points
is a slope which incorrectly shows stock increasing consistently from the
1st
of May until the 15th of May. The correct graph would show a line of 30
units
along the period 1st to 14th May and then jump to 80 units on the 15th
May.
Is there a graph type which reflects this situation?

Thank you for your assistance.