Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default How to check the whole column at the same time?

It makes no difference what string you use with search and replace.

If you cannot key the value then copy one cells content, open the search and
replace dialog and paste the value into the search for box, then enter the
replacement string into the with box.

Nigel

"tlee" wrote in message
Many thanks for your help.

How about if the string searching? such as "4~8¢J"

Thanks again!
Tlee

The simplest option for one-off changes is to use search and replace.
Select the entire column and use the search-replace function, three
times.

Nigel

"tlee" wrote in message
Hi all,

Could anyone help me how to check the column content by different
condition?

If the content of the cell is "Father" then replace it to "1" in the
same column.
If the content of the other cell is "Mother" then replace it to "2" in
same column.
If the content of another cell is "Sister" then replace it to "3" in the
same column.

Besides, how can I implement this checking by using Marco?

Thanks,
Tlee