Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Max Value of conditional list

Forgot to mention to format D1 as Date.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Suppose I have the machin list from Col A starting from row 1 and the dates
in ColB.

Cell C1 = Machine 1
In D1 enter the below formula. If the machine is not found it will return
"NOT USED"

=IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A1$00,D1)0,SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($A$1:$ A$100=D1)*($B$1:$B$100))),"NOT USED")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jkiser" wrote:

I have a list of machines (MACHINE LIST) and another list of dates (DATE
LIST). The DATE list has the dates that each machine was used . The DATE
list is much longer than the MACHINE list because each machine has been used
multiple times on different dates.

I want to make a report that shows the last date each machine was used. I
could accomplish this by sorting the DATE list and then manually comparing
the two lists. But, I'd have to do that every time they were updated. I
want to automate the process.

Is there a formula that would give me the max date from the DATE list for
each entry on the MACHINE list.....something like a "MAXIF"

Thanks