Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
laurakberg laurakberg is offline

Default help with vlookup and return based on a formula

Hello!
I am working with sheet metal. For any given metal, I have various sizes
available. I want to use vlookup my metal and then return the appropriate
size based on the length of the part I need to take out of it.
Example, my table looks like:
METAL SIZE1 SIZE2
Stainless 36x90 48x120
PlainSteel 40x90 60x120
And the part I am building is using Stainless with a length of 80". So
using the table, I want to lookup "stainless", and my formula answer would be
"36x90" because that would fit my 80" part.
I know how to set up vlookup, but I don't know how to incorporate a formula
to assess my part length versus my sheet lengths available. Anyone know?
Thanks for the help--laura