Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Victor Delta[_2_] Victor Delta[_2_] is offline

Default Text specific using conditional formatting

"Sherry" wrote in message
For every row that contains the word "employee", I want to color as
yellow.
I know conditional formatting is what I should use but need help.

Thanks!

Select the first cell in the column you want and Format, Conditional
Formatting. Organise the boxes to read Cell Value Is | equal to |
="employee", and then select Format, Patterns, yellow. OK x 2.

Select the cell with the format painter and paint the format down all the
cells in the column - as far as you want.

Cells which contain the word employee will be yellow.

If you want the whole row to be yellow, you will have to use Formula Is |
=$C1="employee" in the Conditional Formatting box for any cell in Row 1
(assuming column C is where employee may be found. Again use the format
painter to copy to all parts of the worksheet as necessary.

Hope this helps,