Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
torwalker torwalker is offline

Default using formula or similar to paste maximum value in cell in excel 2

Hi I want to use a formula or similar to update a cell when another cell has
a higher value, and maintain this relationship, e.g. cell B1 will always
contain the maximum value held by cell A1 over time where A1 is a calculated
value. So I want to paste the value from A1 into B1 when A1 exceeds B1 but
not otherwise and as there is a whole column I would like this to be
automatic.
Sorry but I can't for the life of me work out how to do it and haven't found
a forum topic that does what I want. Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards
--
Torwalker
General development dogsbody