Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Find Last Occurence

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bill78759" wrote in message
Biff,

Thanks, I was able to get the equation to work. I did have to put a $ sign
to lock the range of the dates. I appreciate your help.

Bill

PS- I did press the yes that it was helpful.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Assuming the range contains only the TEXT entry X, otherwise the cells
are
empty.

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(AC9:BK9,"x"),INDEX(AC7:BK7,MATCH("zzzz z",AC9:BK9)),"")

Format as Date

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bill78759" wrote in message
Opps - Result would be displayed in BL9

"bill78759" wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Being a new user of Excel I couldn't get the
formula to
work. What would the formula look like if the date array goes from
AC7:BK7
the first row is Row 9 (ie: AC9:BK9) and the result would be displayed
in
BK8. I need the date of their attendance (corresponding to the last x
in
row). There are several x's scattered in the row. I plan to copy the
formula
down to get an answer for each student. I tried the formula wizard and
it
gave a different formula that returned a date but it was not the last
attendance.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(2:2="x"),1:1)

"bill78759" wrote:

Worksheet with individuals down and dates across. Attendance is
marked with
"x". Need to find last time individual was at work (last x) and
return date
in first column.