GWB Direct

I understand how the step function work. I would like to watch the macro move
slower so I can film the steps to teach how a particular function works. This
would be similar to the SHOW Me function that some programs have. It shows
you each thing you click on and what it's doing as you go.
--
Gary Baker

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Gary

F8 as outlined by Earl is debug mode, it steps a line at a time, allowing
you to check what's happening, check variable values, etc. (I use this one
mostly)

A 'breakpoint' will literally stop the code at a certain line, again so you
can check the state of the running code. From here you can either elect to
step (F8) or run the remaining code. I tend to use breakpoints more in
large code scenarios, when I now the first x lines work, to get to a
problematical bit quickly, or most of the time in event code, so I can then
step through (F8), after the event has fired. There is not a 'slow motion'
setting if that is what you are asking...stop or step, that's about it.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"GWB Direct" wrote in message
Can I put a breakpoint in the code and watch it in excel after I hit the
button for the macro. I want to see visually what is happening but at a
slower pace. How do I put a breakpoint line in my macro and where do I put
it. Does it go before the With section or after the End With section.
--
Gary Baker

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Gary,

You can step it with F8 (in the VBE), and Alt-Tab back to Excel and watch
stuff happen. Or put Excel and the VBE in windows (unmaximized). Or you
can put a breakpoint (F9) on a line to stop it at selected places.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"GWB Direct" wrote in message
Is there a line of code that I can add to my macros that would pause
between
each with or end with statment. I would like to view it slower than it
works
right now.
--
Gary Baker