Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
smartin smartin is offline

Default Items in Report Filter of PivotTable not "checked" automatically

shabutt wrote:
I have two pivottables connected to a master dataset. These PT (on separate
sheets) and dataset are in separate books. I have set different report
filters but on common field for each PT. The 1st PT shows all items except
blank and the 2nd PT shows only blank.

My problem lies in 1st PT. Whenever master dataset changes, it reflects in
PT but the updated field data is not automatically checked in report filter
list and I have to manually select it to show updated data in PT.

Please help me out.

Not sure there is any way around it. That behavior makes sense though
since PT1's filter cannot know you want "everything except blank" when
new categories appear, whereas in PT2 "blank" is always in the data.